“A true poet does not bother to be poetical. Nor does a nursery gardener scent his roses.” – Jean Cocteau
SAFE USE OF ESSENTIAL OILS
- Consider diffusion and inhalation as the most safe, efficient, and economical ways to enjoy essential oils and essential oil blends.
- Use only pure essential oils or blends from a reputable source.
- Avoid contact with eyes and mucous membranes.
- Do not use undiluted essential oils on the skin.
- For external and aromatic use only.
- Do not take essential oils orally.
- Keep all essential oils out of the reach of children.
- Consult a qualified professional regarding questions involving children, pets, pregnancy, medical conditions, and medications.
- The use of essential oils should not be viewed as a substitute for professional care. If any health problem arises, seek medical advice.
- Test for sensitivities. Discontinue use if any adverse reactions occur, such as skin reddening, dry skin, or itchiness.
- Store essential oils and blends safely, in a cool, dark place, bottles upright and securely capped.
- SUGGESTED LEVELS OF USE FOR ESSENTIAL OILS AND ESSENTIAL OIL BLENDS: In a diffuser add 5 to 10 drops; for massage dilute 2% essential oil in a quality carrier oil.
There is much written about the safe use of essential oils, and it can be difficult for the beginner as well as the serious student to discern without a chemistry or research background. We recommend that you educate yourself about the properties, appropriate uses, cautions, and contraindications of any essential oil you plan to use.
Please understand that as a manufacturer of natural products, our company complies with FDA requirements, and therefore cannot dispense any information that might reference a medical condition or constitute medical advice.
We have our own experience and researched opinions. While we do not necessarily agree with everything expressed in each of these books, we want to help people choose the most helpful, most truthful information available. Therefore, we recommend the following – ranging from medical to scientific to metaphysical. Found new or used, they contain information we consider to be the best currently available.
- Jane Buckle, PhD, RN: CLINICAL AROMATHERAPY - Essential Oils in Healthcare - 3rd Edition
- E Joy Bowles, PhD: THE CHEMISTRY OF AROMATHERAPEUTIC OILS - 3rd Edition AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE BY CLICKING HERE
- E. Joy Bowles, PhD: THE A TO Z OF ESSENTIAL OILS - What They Are, Where They Come From, How They Work
- Robert Tisserand and Rodney Young: ESSENTIAL OIL SAFETY - 2nd Edition
- Brian M. Lawrence: THE ANTIMICROBIAL/BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY OF ESSENTIAL OILS - The Journal of Essential Oil Research
- Andrew Pengelly: THE CONSTITUENTS OF MEDICINAL PLANTS - An introduction to the chemistry and therapeutics of herbal medicine - 2nd Edition
- Kathi Keville and Mindy Green: AROMATHERAPY - A Complete Guide to the Healing Art - 2nd Edition
- Mark A. Webb: BUSH SENSE - Australian Essential Oils & Aromatic Compounds
- Robbi Zeck, ND: THE BLOSSOMING HEART - Aromatherapy for Healing and Transformation
SAVE ON 1 oz and 2 oz ESSENTIAL OIL SPRAY INSECT REPELLENT + ITCH-EASE ESSENTIAL OIL BLEND PACKAGES!
H2EO ULTRASONIC DIFFUSER WITH DESIGN AND FEATURE UPGRADES
Essential Oil Therapy AethereoSticks: The most efficient way to enjoy aromatherapeutic benefits wherever you are!
Aethereo EVERYWHERE TRAVEL DIFFUSER Now includes USB Cable and Wall Adapter!